Yes – today’s articles and headlines reporting “reports” from every major news outlet everywhere are absolute BULLSHIT with clickbait and rumours sprinkled all over.
It’s hard to envisage Neymar Jnr moving away from FC Barcelona, especially after the successful past four years he’s enjoyed at the club. His role in the *MSN* trio of Leo Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar himself isn’t really a workplace that you’d want to leave quick.
And sure we talk about millions of dollars being thrown around by clubs to crack Neymar’s triple figure ‘release clause’, which the rumour mill has posted at $320 million AUD (195 GBP). But seriously, there are many, many reasons why this Neymar Jr to Paris Saint Germain business is absolutely, 100% not going to happen. And here’s some very good reasons why:
And here’s some very good reasons why:
- PSG made an official statement and told French papers that they want ‘nothing to do’ with the Neymar Soap Opera. They also add that the asking price is absurd and “unrealistic” for them.
- FC Barcelona’s Vice-President, Jordi Mestre – has gone on the record to say he is “200% sure” that Neymar will be at FCB next season.
- The Brazilian Newspaper that posted the original story cited that Neymar was “unhappy” being in Messi and Suarez’s shadow – which, from the outside world looking in, appears hard to imagine. Usually with these things, when a player wants to get out of a club, they make it super obvious.
- The source of this information is also very vague. It allegedly came from someone ‘close’ to Neymar; in the same manner that Gossip Tabloid’s gain stories from ‘close sources.’
- Neymar literally told Goal that he’s ‘happy at Barcelona and wants to stay.’
- Neymar to Manchester United or another big name Premier League / Italian / German club seems more a realistic possibility than a move to Paris.
These rumours are rumours and nothing more. Whilst sure, Neymar may eventually look for a move from Barcelona, the Premier League appears a more likely option.
But this is ridiculous. Neymar ain’t moving. We’ll even buy a new FCB shirt with his name on the back right now.