Real Madrid have scratched Welsh star Gareth Bale from their Champions League squad against Napoli.
The prolific attacker has been absent from the Los Blancos lineup since November last year due to injury. Bale returned to full training on Sunday after ankle surgery.
Manager Zinedine Zidane told reporters that he would not risk Bale in their round-of-16 first leg at home.
“He is physically recovered, no problems, which is the most important,” said Zidane.
“We will see if he is in squad tomorrow, or at the weekend.”
“He has had almost three months out, so we must go slowly with Gareth.”
REAL MADRID XI
— Real Madrid C.F.🇬🇧 (@realmadriden) February 14, 2017
Cover Art: EstorsDayers