China is aiming to become a football superpower by 2050.
A plan set out by the Chinese FA reveals they set to achieve 50 million people playing the world game by 2020.
Chinese President Xi Jinping is an optimist at heart, and believes his country can win the World Cup in the next 15 years.
The plans also ensure that there will be a football pitch for every 10,000 people.
“A first-class football superpower” that “contributes to the international football world”.
The visionary report was conducted into three phases.
Phase One: Now>2020
– Build Football base by 2020
– Build 20,000 training centres
– School programs for every school in country
Phase Two: 2021>2030
– Women’s team to be world powerhouse
– Mens team to dominate Asia
Phase Three: 2031>2050
– Country to be World Superpower
By Ari Charilaou (He’s also on twitter here)
Mundial Mornings is your morning wrap of world football. The latest news, transfers, matches, rumours from Australia and the world delivered every morning.