THURSDAY 11 FEBRUARY 2016
Thousands of Liverpool fans protested in their draw with Sunderland at Anfield after top ticket prices were raised to £77.
A mass walkout in the 77th minute clearly had an instant effect on the Reds players. Sunderland came back from a 2-0 down to equalize the match in under ten minutes.
LFC owners responded this week:
“The three of us have been particularly troubled by the perception that we don’t care about our supporters, that we are greedy, and that we are attempting to extract personal profits at the club’s expense,” it said. “Quite the opposite is true.”
BBC extracted these key quotes from the FSG open letter:
Key quotes from the open letter
- “We have never taken a single penny out of the football club. Instead we have injected vast sums of our own money.”
- “We were strongly engaged in the process to develop the ticketing plan for 2016-2017.”
- “Part of the ticketing plan we got wrong.”
- “We believed… these increases were supportable even in the context of growth in revenues from the new Premier League TV deal.”
- “The widespread opposition to this element of the plan has made it clear that we were mistaken.”
- “A great many of you have objected strongly. Message received.”
- “This plan shall be in effect for both the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. For the next two seasons, LFC will not earn a single additional pound from increasing general admission ticket prices.”
- “We believe we have demonstrated a willingness to listen carefully, reconsider our position, and act decisively.”
- “The unique and sacred relationship between Liverpool Football Club and its supporters has always been foremost in our minds. It represents the heartbeat of this extraordinary football club.”
ADAM JOHNSON ADMITS SEXUAL ACTIVITY WITH 15 YEAR OLD
Adam Johnson has admitted and pleaded guilty to kissing a 15 year old after speaking to her through social media.
Here is the courts reading of the charges reported by the guardian
Johnson is accused of grooming the teenager between 30 December 2014 and 26 February 2015 and having met with her to carry out sexual activity knowing that she was under 16, the age of consent. Standing in the dock, Johnson answered “guilty”.
In a second count, Johnson is charged with intentionally touching the complainant in a sexual way knowing that she was under 16. He briefly consulted his legal team before answering “guilty, yeah”.
By Ari Charilaou (He’s also on twitter here)